- git checkout master
- git pull
- git checkout -b myFakeBranch
- make your code changes
- git add automation/fake-file.js (you've made changes to it)
- commit -m 'my fake commit message'
- git pull origin master (it will pull latest from master)
- if there are changes, you will be prompted with merge message. Hold SHIFT and double press letter Z (this will merge changes from master)
- git push
- you will be prompted with command to create upstream to origin. Just copy paste and run it
Done deal, now you can go to your github repository and create pull request
More situations coming soon ...